When we got on board to support ezCloud with their marketing activities, we identified 5 factors to work on to help ezCloud achieve their goals:
1. Set up an omni-channel approach
It’s always useful for you to test out all possible channels to find out what is the best source for getting conversion to put your money and effort into. With our help, ezCloud was able to define several different strategies, channels and tactics: SEM (Google Adwords, and specific local SEA search engines), SMM (Facebook), Email, Forum seeding, etc.
2. Implement a tracking system to monitor customer behavior along the whole conversion funnel
Given the number of channels that ezCloud is doing their marketing activities on, the demand for a tracking system is inevitable to help ezCloud monitor simple yet important elements for their activities. As a result of that, FFA supported ezCloud in setting up Google Analytics accounts to keep track of website-related data, implementing Google Adwords remarketing code and Facebook pixel using Google Tag Manager for the purpose of doing remarketing, applying UTM parameters with predefined naming convention and setting up UTM tracking system to receive session-based information for every signup on their websites. Besides that, ezCloud also received our support in creating a dashboard and helping them to integrate those new changes in the CRM system so they could track customer conversion along the sales process.
3. Define growth KPIs/metrics (signups, CTR, CAC, etc.) and budgets
FFA walked ezCloud through the process of choosing the metrics that mattered the most to them, how ezCloud could keep track of these metrics based on the data extracted from the tracking system as well as provided weekly reports on running campaigns performances., We helped ezCloud to calculate CLTV for each customer segment allowing them to have a clear vision of how much a customer is worth and correctly allocate to marketing budgets / CAC limits to acquire a new customer.
4. Run growth experiments with A/B testing
FFA worked closely with ezCloud team on a weekly basis to:
- Define objectives of each campaign and discuss which variables should be tested to maximize performance of their marketing campaigns
- Review results of campaigns and adjust targeting and budgets accordingly. This, as an example, translated into optimizing the keywords list for Adwords campaign and facebook audiences in order to help ezCloud efficiently reach their target audience within an optimized budget.
5. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
We explored the user / customer experience and journey on the ezCloud’s websites and reviewed these on other global competitors’ website, in order to identify what elements made people drop off from certain pages and what could be improved to boost sign ups and to reduce churn and bounces.
time, ezCloud only relied on calculating performance on overall number of signups from the website and had nearly no insights about how each of their campaigns across the whole funnel were performing.
ezCloud is a SaaS startup a suite of management products for the hospitality industry: ezFolio (4-5* Hotel management software) ezCloudhotel (Cloud-based hotel management software), ezCMS (Cloud-based channel management system).
ezCloud is a SaaS startup a suite of management products for the hospitality industry.