We assess the potential of your organization to take advantage from an open innovation framework and support you putting the right processes and tools in place.
Open Innovation (or briefly OI, for more information and definitions see our Info sheet on Open Innovation) focuses on a conscious combination of internal and external knowledge to explore new opportunities for a company. Knowledge is sourced from all sort of stakeholders (customers, suppliers, employees etc.), companies, entities (universities, research centers etc.) and private individuals that are open to share their ideas and thoughts to achieve mutual benefit. OI is also more than just an innovation tool, because it enables to strive for a more open mindedness within the firm with more permeable firm boundaries, where innovations can easily be transferred inward and outward to create sustainable value for the company.
Open Innovation - Go or No-Go?
Our team at FFA will support you in assessing the applicability of OI in your company. FFA helps you identifying which OI approach fits best with your corporate objectives and we assess how this approach might be integrated with and complement your overall innovation and business strategy and operations.
- Corporate analysis to identify potential for OI
- Identification of various applicable tools, technologies and processes to implement OI
- Check the applicability of OI and expected results and outcomes
- Provide clean strategy paper and operations blue print to realize the OI project
Open Innovation - Project Realization
Our team at FFA can realize (with the help company internal resources and/or external technology providers) the full OI project, as defined in the strategy paper and operations blue print.
- Identifying internal and external resources to implement the OI project
- Deploy the infrastructure that supports the OI processes and create the interfaces to all functions and systems within the company.
- Setup of measurable KPIs and metrics, in order to adapt the OI project variables
- Support in internalizing the results from the OI project (Managing IP, Technology Transfer, Strategic Partnerships)